Kabigan Falls

Magestic View of the Kabigan Falls located at Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte

After our Bangui Windmills Tour, we then went directly to Kabigan Falls. We simply followed our itinerary. I still remembered that time was extremely hot sunny day. My friends and I decided that we would take a bath at Kabigan Falls. So, we brought towels and extra shirts. It was around 10am when we got in the place where we would register our name first and pay for the tour. Entrance fee was P10 per head and Tour Guide fee was P20 per head. Our tour guide driver didn't go with us so he just remained in the van. He told us that he would wait until 12 noon. So, going to the falls is about 30min walk. Therefore, we only had 1 hour for us to relax there and swim so we could go back earlier to have our lunch. If you feel hungry along the way while walking going the falls, vendors were selling some local delicacies alongside and there was also some cold drinks like "buko juice." Along the way, we met some people who already got there and some were relaxing. Since it was extremely hot, we decided to rent an umbrella for P20. It was quite big. Anyways, our tour guide informed us that we would no longer feel the heat of the sun in the middle part of our journey. You will know why if you continue scrolling down. Now, I would like to show the pictures taken by me while I was hiking going to Kabigan Falls. Kindly scroll down to continue.

Kabigan Falls signage

House Rules
  • Entrance fee is P10 per head.
  • Tour Guide fee is P20 per head.
  • Bring nothing but cameras.
  • Kill nothing but time.
  • Get/take nothing but pictures.
  • Always ask the assistance of your assigned tour guide.
  • Using of shampoo, bath soap or any detergents are not allowed.
  • No graffiti is allowed.
  • etc.

Our official Tour Guide
Wearing a green shirt with some prints written on the back was our tour guide. He told us that that we would go round that mountain over there but not climbed it. 

This picture was taken while we were on our journey. The view was simply amazing. The sky was blue, and everything around was green. I thought myself that this trail would have a good result after we reached the end. Nature is indeed beautiful. I love Ilocos Norte!

Mountains, trees, mother nature, rivers, etc. some of the things that would excite me. They should be appreciated because God made them and he created these wondrous things. The temperature had nothing to do with me especially when I wanted to take pictures. Whether it's hot or not, I just want to feel the moment. As you can see, I took off the umbrella just to have a nice shot.

Now, we're in group. Our first group picture for this trail. Look how they covered themselves up. Probably, they couldn't bare the heat of the sun. In fact, it was really hot at that time.

Although we were still far from the end point (the falls), I didn't stop taking some pictures. I wanted to document everything from here.

There was that white cow resting alongside of the stream. 

I've never seen a stream with a lot of rocks in it like in the picture. These rocks were dark in color and they said it continued in growing up or increasing in size because they seemed alive. I don't how they grew up in big size. That's a question of science.

It's a traditional type of house also known as "Bahay-kubo".

We finally went round that mountain.
Some of friends felt tired, sweat hard, but look at me and you would see that I still managed to smile. Seemed like  I still had a lot of energy. What's on my mind? It was what awaited us at the end. Would we feel astonish? Would we feel amaze? 

This was the first bridge we crossed. It's a small one actually. There's water running by under it.

During our trail, I encountered this kind of tree with a written description beside it. It's really useful to know the name and its uses. Thanks to the people who put that signage. It really helped us knew what it is.

After crossing the first bridge, we needn't had to use an umbrella anymore. This time, the trees would now protect us against the heat of the sun. We had this natural shade along our way. Good thing!



We came across this stream and it's naturally clean. It's the color of the rocks which made it looked in a different way.


This was the second bridge which was a little bit higher. As you can see, the water was running under it and some rocks could also be seen. The purpose of the bridge was to let the tourist cross over the river without getting wet by the water.

Our tour guide isn't just our guide, he was also our photographer. We're so thankful to have him because he was so kind. He also took us a lot of pictures which made us happy. Don't worry, we gave him a bonus for a job well done.

Our first sight of the "Kabigan Falls" was remarkable. Two falls we're actually seen there. The longer one and the shorter one.


In order to get to the main waterfall, we had to cross again this man-made bridge. 

Before crossing on the other side, our tour guide took us this wonderful picture.

I politely asked the tour guide to take me a picture alone with the bridge.

"The fantastic Kabigan Falls"



Before going down the falls. Here's our outstanding picture.

Going down must be done with precautions because you might fall get an accident.

Some people were swimming. When we got there. I thought we were the only people in the end point. We were surprised when we saw a lot of people who were already there before us. 

I thought of swimming at that time but I was shy.








Some of my friends went swimming but I didn't.

Only the two of us didn't swim. We patiently wait for them on the side as we shed under this magical tree..

The water was not that deep. It's just that the color was different.





I took up a close-up photo of the water. The result was this.

They were enjoying much right there.

On our way back.

Picture taking with the acacia tree.

Rocks were found everywhere of the stream.











Thank you!

Joel

This blog is about travelling, lifestyle, food, photography, etc. You can email me at crisjo2012na@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Kabigan Falls was definitely one of my favorite falls and a great day for my Pagudpud trip. After a short hike through farmlands and forest I had an exhilarating swim in Kabigan Falls' basin. For another great article about Kabigan Falls I'd recommend you'd visit: http://bit.ly/KabiganFalls

    ReplyDelete

CLICK HERE (2)