Loom Weaving

Cristy's Loom weaving, Vigan City

When I was in Vigan City, I had this opportunity to try weaving a cloth using a loom. The loom is a old device which people used to weave cloth. It is not a machine and is not something modern that is powered by electricity. It is and old type of thing for weaving cloths. Therefore, it is done manually.

In Vigan City, there were a lot of places to see people doing weaving. We chose Cristy's Loom Weaving as it was recommended by us. There, we we're able to see some people weaving cloth. As they were doing such thing, it created a sound which had rhythm on it. Absolutely, it was pleasant to hear.

The entrance. The souvenir shop is on the left side.

She's definitely weaving.
To see the video of her doing loom weaving, please click HERE.




NOW, I'VE GOT TO TRY IT!
(Somebody assisted me so I was able to weave a little bit for few minutes.)




I also had my own video, please click HERE.
The experience was tremendous. It takes hardwork, perserverance, and determination to weave a cloth. It wasn't an easy task beacause you have to follow a certain pattern. I admitted that it was a little bit tough for me. And for the weavers of Cristy's loom weaving, I salute all of you for doing such an immense job.

Joel

This blog is about travelling, lifestyle, food, photography, etc. You can email me at crisjo2012na@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. what an experience jo! pde na ka mg weaver. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people weave the cloth using the loom just in their house in their available time.
      Thanks for the compliment Arjay!

      Delete
    2. Saan aabot ang 20 pesos mo? :) :) :)

      Delete

CLICK HERE (2)